To shed some light on my last post, I decided to share my list of things I do and do not need in 2011 from my Reverb10 participation. (Reverb10 really makes you reflect and it was a lot of fun–check it out!)
So let’s start with the negative (so we can end on a high note). Most of what you’ll see below are symptoms of the hyper-involvement-then-crash cycle that I’ve been in for a long time.
11 Things I Don’t Need in 2011:
- Negativity (my own and from others)
- Endless hours of TV and movies
- Bad attitudes/judgement (my own and from others)
- Junk food
- Endless coffees and happy hour drinks
- Lack of focus
- Couch Potato (related to #2 and #3)
- Unacceptance (of self and others)
- A packed calendar
Onto the fun stuff!
11 Things I DO Need in 2011:
- Fruits and veggies
- Conscious consuming and eating
- Reading and writing
- Creative Outlets (off-line)
- Challenges (professional and personal)
- Travel and adventure (get outdoors!)
- Centered Success
My hope was that by getting rid or limiting the first 11 and adding the second 11 I would be healthier, more at peace mentally, pushing myself to new boundaries, and overcoming old obstacles.
What are the 11 things you do and don’t need for this year?